|About us |
|Civil Society |
|Points of view |
|Useful information |
In May-November period of 2001 the Chisinau municipality's "Antena C" radio station has broadcast the "Vocea Civica" (Civic Voice) cycle of 24 radio shows dedicated to the problem of interethnic relations. ADEPT produced these radio shows in both Romanian and Russian languages. They approached, from different points of view, such issues as:
- relationship between ethnical conflicts and ensuring human rights; role of mass-media, political leaders, some intellectual and cultural elites in instigating or mitigating ethnic tensions;
- local and international legal framework regulating the interethnic relations;
- role of the public servants in the process of harmonizing the interethnic relations;
- ways of harmonizing and normalizing the interethnic relations;
- objective and subjective causes of the ethnic intolerance;
- linguistic rights of the citizens;
- role of the international organizations such as United Nations Organizations, OSCE, Council of Europe, European Unions etc.) in the process of solving the interethnic conflicts in the world and Moldova;
- role of the civil society in harmonyzing and solving the interethnic conflicts.
Local and foreign experts, public servants, journalists, representatives of the non-governmental sector, participated in the "Vocea Civica" radio shows. Radio listeners had the opportunity to discuss with many of them live.
These radio shows were made possible by a grant from the USA Embassy in the Republic of Moldova.