|Points of view
Open Government (e-governance) for an informed and active society
In 2013 Association for Participatory Democracy (ADEPT) and the Independent Journalism Center (IJC) launched the joint project "Open government for an informed and active society" on the initiative and with the financial support of the Soros Foundation-Moldova. The project aims to strengthen transparent, accountable and efficient governance, by improving decision making processes, participation and social involvement geared towards achieving commitments under the Global Partnership for Open Government.
Evaluation Report of Moldova Open Government Action Plan Implementation 2012-2013
Moldova Open Government Action Plan Implementation in 2012-2013 (Infographics)
Assessing the Opening of Public Government Data in 2012
Evaluation Report of Moldova Open Government Action Plan for year 2012
Is Moldovan Government half opened or half closed? (Infographics)
- Objective 1: To ensure transparent, accountable and effective governance through effective implementation of commitments under the Open Government Partnership and improving governance policies (Open Government)
- Objective 2: To improve the quality and utility of public governmental data
- Objective 3: To increase awareness of the society on Open Government and using public data to increase efficiency and accountability of governance
The project has two components:
- Expertise - evaluation and monitoring, identify problems and deficiencies, promotion recommendations and solutions to improve processes transparent and accountable governance, and determining the level of implementation of the commitments deriving from the Open Government Partnership;
- Advocacy – information and training of NGO representatives and media institutions, public communication developments and events / important aspects of open government, open data and related issues.