|About us |
|Civil Society |
|Points of view |
|Useful information |
No 1381-XIII of 21.11.97
Monitorul Oficial al R.Moldova No 81/667 of 08.12.1997
Article 203. Effective Date
Final and Transition Provisions
This Code shall enter into effect on the day of its publication.
[Art.203 modified via the Law no.268-XIV of 04.02.99]
[The phrase "enter into effect on the day of its adoption" from art.203 was declared unconstitutional based on the resolution of the Constitutional Court no.15 of 27.05.98]
Article 204. Transition Provisions
After the Electoral Code is enforced:
Article 205. Final Provisions
- Parliament, within ten days, shall adopt a resolution on setting up a (permanent) Central Electoral Commission, pursuant to the provisions of Section I, Chapter 3 (Articles 16-22) of this Code.
- Bodies mentioned in Article 16, paragraph (2), shall submit to the Parliament, within five days, candidates for the Central Electoral Commission.
- The Government, -
- within a month:
- will submit proposals to Parliament on adjusting the legislation to the Electoral Code provisions;
- will provide headquarters, financial-material support and necessary equipment to the Central Electoral Commission.
- will include in the draft of the state budget for the 1998 fiscal year, funds necessary for the activity of the Central Electoral Commission and for the organization and conduct of elections;
- Elections to Parliament of the XIVth legislature, shall be conducted on March 22, 1998, pursuant to the President's decree No. 371-II, of November 18, 1997. All the terms related to elections to Parliament of the XIVth legislature shall commence at the date of the Code' s publication.
- Central Electoral Commission, -
- will draft and adopt its Regulation within ten days;
- will submit to the Government an estimation of expenses necessary for the commission's activity and for holding elections;
- after formation, will start fulfilling the responsibilities provided in Article 22.
- Formation and functioning of electoral bodies not provided under this Code shall be prohibited.
On the date of coming into effect of this Code, the Law No. 1040-XII, enacted on 05.26.92 on referendum, the Law No. 1609-XII, enacted on 10.14.93 on elections to the Parliament, the Law No. 308-XIII, enacted on 12.7.94 on local elections, the Law No. 833-XIII, enacted on 05.16.96 on the election of the President of the Republic of Moldova, the Law No. 1133-XIII, enacted on 04.02.97 on the recall of the mayor of the village (commune), towns, shall be abrogated.
Chairman Of The Parliament Of Republic Of Moldova
Chisinau, November 21, 1997
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8