Law of the Republic of Moldova on Public Associations
No 837 of 17.05.96
Monitorul Oficial al R.Moldova No 6/54 of 23.01.1997
Article 42. The control of public association`s activities.
Responsibility for the Violation of the Legislation
(1) The organ which registered a public association controls its activity and observes it is in accordance with goals specified in the Charter. Officials who registered this public association have the right to participate in all actions of these associations, study their papers and get information about Charter activity of public associations.
(2) The income control of public associations, amount of funds obtained, tax
payment and other financial activity is implemented by state finance and tax organs. The order of finance control of the public association is specified by the legislation of the Republic of Moldova.
(3) The supervision of the activity of the public association, its conformity to
Constitution of the Republic of Moldova and observance of legislation is performed by the office of the public prosecutor of the Republic of Moldova.
(4) Other forms of interference in the activity of public associations is prohibited.
Article 43. The basis of responsibility.
(1) Violation of legislation about public association brings about disciplinary material, administrative, criminal and other responsibility according to the legislation in force of the Republic of Moldova.
(2) Basis and order of calling to account in disciplinary, material, administrative and criminal spheres are regulated by the corresponding Codes of legislation in force.
Article 44. Equality on the basis of responsibility.
(1) The state, on the behalf of the organs of public power and management,
entrepreneur and other economic subjects, public associations and separate natural persons have equal responsibility for the observance of the present Law and other legislation about public association.
(2) The state on the behalf of organs of public power, entrepreneur and other
economic subjects, public associations and separate natural persons whose rights, mentioned in the present Law were violated, has the right to apply to judicial and administrative organs about calling to account guilty persons.
Article 45. Responsibility of the organs of public power for violation of
legislation about public associations.
Organs of public power and management as well as officials performing registration, administrative, tax and financial control or influencing in some
other way foundation and activity of public association bear responsibility, material, administrative, criminal and other types of responsibility, specified by the legislation in force if they are guilty in violation of legislation about public association.
Article 46. Responsibility of public associations violating the legislation.
(1) The public association bears all responsibility specified by the mentioned legislation in case of violation the legislation in force.
(2) Public association which performed material or moral damage to citizens or
legal persons by its illegal actions is obliged to reimburse this damage in the order specified in the legislation of the Republic of Moldova.
(3) In case if a public association performs actions which violate the legislation in force, the governing organ of the association may be warned in written form by the organ which registered the Charter of the public association (provision, other act), or by the public prosecutor.
Article 47. Consequences of the stoppage of the activity of the public association.
(1) In the case when the public association receives a warning from the organ
that registered the association, demanding the elimination of the detected violations of the Law and does not pay attention to it within ten days, its activity may be suspended for a period of six months by the court`s decision.
(2) In cases when the activity of a public association is suspended, its following rights are suspended:
- of a founder of mass media;
- organization of conventions, meetings (conferences), demonstrations, pickets, rallies and other public activities;
- usage of all types of bank deposits with the exception of accounts with counteragents on productive-economic and other entrepreneur activity; payments on individual labor agreements (contracts); on reimbursement of damages performed by the public association; payment of fines (penalty, surcharge).
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10