|About us |
|Civil Society |
|Points of view |
|Useful information |
The 3rd Edition of the National NGO Forum and 2nd Edition of the NGO Fair
November 15-16, 2001
Republican Palace, Chisinau
Declaration of the Participants
Since the 2nd edition of the National Forum of Moldovan NGOs in 1999, the civil society has greatly evolved and has had an impact in different fields.
The deep crisis our society is facing poses a series of problems to the associative sector. This specifically refers to the latest tendencies, i.e. nationalization in all the social fields, return of censure in mass media, subordination of the local government, constraining private business, and comeback to anonymous petitions.
Given the above said, the participants to the 3rd Edition of the National NGO Forum of the Republic of Moldova declare that:
- The activity of the non-governmental organizations should contribute to the resolution of the major problems the society is facing.
- Partnership between non-governmental organizations and other sectors of the society is a vital condition to the consolidation of the civil society.
- NGOs are ready to continue cooperation with local government based on democratic principles and values.
- The tendency of high rank officials to groundlessly blame the entire NGO community based on some isolated and inconclusive cases is unacceptable.
- Non-governmental organizations should be involved in perfecting the legal framework regulating the activity of the not-for-profit organizations. Lack of transparency in governing is a violation of democratic principles.
- In order to increase the efficiency of the non-governmental sector it is important to identify legal means of influencing local government.
- Closer ties with mass media will improve the transparency of the NGO activities and inform the general public about its mission and success.
- To ensure a sustainable development of the associative sector it is important to build a partnership with local business and ensure NGO access to public funds.
- It is important for the NGO Council of the Republic of Moldova to improve its activity during its next term. The Council shall ensure the observance of the right to free association and implement the Forum resolutions.
November 16, 2001
Concept / Declaration of the Participants