A new Parliament will be elected on the 6 March 2005. The future of the country, as well as of its citizens will depend, to a large extent, on the results of these elections. We have succeeded in obtaining stability and now the objective we set to achieve together with you is modernization.
The Communist Party is firmly convinced that Moldova can and must revive economically and spiritually.
During the four years of governing of the PCRM, there has been achieved, with common efforts, what the party had set during the previous parliamentary elections, although many of the goals set seemed unachievable. But we have done the impossible!
- State budget has doubled.
- Industrial production increased twice and the agricultural production 1.5 times.
- 100 thousand new work places have been created.
- The average real monthly salary in the country has doubled.
- Pensions and student stipends have increased more than twice.
- Guaranteed medical assistance for the socially vulnerable strata of the population (pensioners, children, disabled, unemployed) has been ensured, an insurance-based healthcare system has been implemented and hospitals have been restored.
- Indexation and payment of the population’s deposits, devalued since the beginning of 1990s, has been carried out.
- Budgetary allocations for science and education have increased 2.5 times.
- The law on the administrative-territorial organization has been revised and the status of rayons has been re-established.
- A document of strategic importance Individual Action Plan European Union-Moldova has been signed.
- The external state debt burden has substantially been reduced, by almost USD 140 million.
- Stability has been ensured, social degradation has stopped and confidence in the future has been restored.
But this is only the BEGINNING! We must definitely overcome poverty. Other essential reforms will take place as well in Moldova in the following four years. The Communist Party sets forwards four strategic priorities for this period:
- A new quality of life,
- Economic modernization;
- European integration,
- Consolidation of the society.
Dear compatriots this is our common program, which we will implement together!
This is our WORD that we give in front of all the electorate, which we will again confirm by FACTS.
2005–2009. A NEW LIFE QUALITY MEANS:
- 300 thousand new work places and three-time increase in average monthly salary, to surpass the amount of USD 300.
- Increasing three times salaries in the budgetary sector (teachers, doctors, culture workers, scientists, public officers, law-enforcement officers). Increasing pensions three times. Doubling the number of student places with budget funding in higher education institutions and increasing three times student stipends.
- Doubling the guaranteed package of healthcare services provided to the country’s citizens and increasing their quality based on the technical re-equipment of all republican and rayon healthcare structures.
- Implementation of the national program “Moldovan village” well-paid jobs, connection to the gas pipe of teachers’ and doctors’ houses), telephone connection as requested, INTERNET in every school.
2005–2009. ECONOMIC MODERNIZATION MEANS:
- Doubling investments in the Moldovan economy and the budget by 2009.
- Implementation of the economic growth and poverty reduction strategy, which is recognized internationally. Poor people cannot be free.
- Encouraging small and medium-sized businesses; increasing, by 30%, the private sector share in the total GDP; decreasing, by 15%, the income tax and decreasing 1.5 times the insurance contributions deposited into the salary fund.
- Implementation of the program for economic recovery of the country’s regions, increasing their share by 50% in the total GDP.
- Further promotion of the trend of creating in the country a complex and competitive agrarian sector and stimulation of the technological modernization in the rural area based on the unconditional acknowledgement of the peasants’ rights to make use of the land that belongs to them.
2005–2009. EUROPEAN INTEGRATION MEANS:
- Moldova’s transformation into a state of European standards and of efficient investments in the country’s economy, opening new western markets for Moldovan goods.
- Free circulation, without visas, of Moldovan citizens in European countries, reliable legal and social protection of our compatriots being abroad.
- Promotion of reliable modern social support of the population, of the principles of open European education and European culture.
- Consolidation of good relations with our neighbors Ukraine and Romania as a basis for the development of the CIS potential at a new stage and strengthening the strategic partnership with Russia.
2005–2009. CONSOLIDATION OF THE SOCIETY MEANS:
- Unification of our country and our multinational people on the principles of mutual respect, tolerance and general democratic development;
- Unification of our country based on the legal guarantees of the development of all forms of ownership and of private initiative, continuation of active fight against corruption and bureaucracy;
- Unification of our country based on the free development of all original national cultures and of promising social initiatives, based on the respect for the feelings of believers;
- Creation of such a society in which freedom of the individual and freedom of choice will be ensured by wellbeing and prosperity.
In the four years that have gone by, we have realized what no other party or government managed to realize in the previous decades. We have proved we can solve the most complicated tasks. In all our actions, we have taken as a guide all that is good, equitable and legal.
We guarantee only what we can and are obliged to do for our country and its people. All our goals are, by excellence, reasonable. The ways and methods of their achievement are clear to us. We have the necessary will and ability to achieve them. We only need your trust and support; together, through assiduous and thorough work, we will ensure the prosperity and wellbeing of each family! Together we will transform Moldova into a rich country, with wealthy people!
MOLDOVA WILL WIN WITH US!
REPUBLIC, POWER OF THE PEOPLE, SOCIALISM!
/The Communist, no. 1 (407), 6 January 2005/