Born on October 29, 1953 in the village of Grinauti, the municipality of Balti.
- 1977 — the State University of Chisinau, Bachelor’s degree in French Philology
- 1987 — Doctor of Philology.
- 1977–1985 — editor, manager in charge with publication of manuscripts of the Printing Company “Stiinta”
- 1985–1989 — translator, coordinator at the Telegraphic Agency of Information (ATEM)
- 1990–1994 — first deputy director-general of the National News Agency “Moldova-pres”
- 1994–1998 — editor-in-chief of the publication “Mesagerul”
- 1998–2001 — member of Moldovan Parliament of the XIVth Legislature, secretary of the Parliamentary Commission for state security and public order, deputy chair of the Parliamentary Commission for budget and finance, member of the parliamentary group to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly (member of the economic commission and the security commission), member of the Moldovan-Spanish group for interparliamentary cooperation
- 2001–2002 — chair of the Rotary Chisinau Club
- 2001–2003 — deputy director-general of the Union of Manufacturers and Entrepreneurs of Moldova;
- 2003–2005 — project coordinator, editorial group “Litera”
- 2005–2009 — member of Moldovan Parliament of the XVIth Legislature, initially member of the faction of the Moldova Noastra (Our Moldova) Alliance, later a PNL member, member of the Parliamentary Commission on foreign policy and European integration
- 2006-present — Chair of the National Liberal Party (PNL)
Married, mother of a child.