- Strengthening the sovereignty and statehood of the Republic of Moldova, recovering its territorial integrity.
- Pursuing an economic course to revive our economy and give every individual the opportunity to work, support his/her family, study and have a materially ensured old age.
- Stopping with all firmness the robbery of the republic and the corruption.
- Recovering the power of the people, social justice and interethnic understanding in the society.
The Communist Party shall assume the following responsibilities in front of the voters of the Republic of Moldova:
- To take all possible measures to recover in stages and develop the real sector of the economy, first of all the industry and agriculture. Based on this, employment opportunities will be twice as much as they are now.
- To ensure equality of rights of all forms of propriety. To protect the propriety owned legitimately and the legitimate incomes. By improving the fiscal legislation and other measures, to support in all ways the domestic producers of goods, and the private entrepreneurship, especially in the small and medium business, commerce and service provision.
- To enhance the role and weight of the state property in the branches of national economy of strategic importance.
- Acknowledging the entitlement of farmers to the land received into ownership according to current laws, to sup[port all forms of farming this land, according to current laws. To encourage cooperation between farmers on benevolent principles to hold joint economic activities. To strive for advantageous crediting of agricultural producers.
- To declare a merciless fight to delinquency and corruption. To reestablish equality of rights in front of the Law of all citizens, regardless of their official or social status or their nationality of political beliefs. To consider canceling the immunity of high rank state officials, deputies, Cabinet members and judges.
- To create a system of real social guarantees to ensure the citizens a decent life.
- To rise on two occasions the minimum amount of pensions and of salaries paid in the public sphere (teachers, doctors, cultural workers, etc.).
- To introduce a strict control over the prices on power resources, utilities, main food products and consumer goods and drugs.
- To strive for the recovery of the health insurance system created in the years of Soviet Power. To widen the categories of population entitled to free medical care. Priority shall be given to children, pensioners and veterans.
- To enlarge the opportunities to free education and employment opportunities for the young.
- To protect the family, the mother and the child. To set up a fund for assisting families with many children and poor incomes and single mothers.
- To index and pay in stages the deposits stolen by the ’democratic’ regime from the population between 1990–1992.
- To ensure a gradual increase of state expenditures on science, education and culture.
- To defend the right of the Moldovan people to its historical name — Moldovans, to the name of its mother tongue — Moldovan language, to its great history and spiritual originality. To strive for attribution to the Russian language of the status of second state language in the Republic of Moldova.
- To contribute actively to the peaceful and final resolution of the Transnistrian conflict.
- To review the Law on the territorial administrative division of the republic and re-establish the former raions.
- In the foreign policy, to strive for the consolidation of the sovereignty of the Republic of Moldova and the improvement of its international standing, the development of mutually advantageous ties with all states of the world, particularly the CIS member states. To consider Moldova’s adherence to the Russia-Belarus Union.
To implement such a program, one will need not only to work hard, have a strong will and be supported by the entire people, but also supplementary funds.
Where will we get the money?
Here are the main sources:
- Increasing revenues to the state budget in the result of the accelerated and large-scale recovery of output in the real sector of the economy.
- Increasing the level of collected tax of all types.
- Stopping will all firmness the oil, alcohol and tobacco goods smuggling.
- Introduction of the state monopoly over the production and sale of the alcoholic and tobacco goods.
- Establishing state control over the prices on power resources purchased by the republic (gas, electricity, petrol and diesel oil).
- Fighting corruption and defalcation of public funds in state power bodies.
- Reducing the apparatus of state administration and the expenses for its upkeep.
These measures alone will allow us to increase at least twice the state budget. Industry and agriculture will recover. Hundreds of thousands of workers and peasants, specialists from towns and villages, scientists will resume their creative work and give their families a decent life. Fair entrepreneurs will work in normal circumstances and saved from the state and criminal racketeering. The people will gradually be relieved of the heavy burden of poverty. The buying capacity of the population will increase. Our children will be given back their future and those who are at an advanced age — an ensured old age and peace of soul.
We are certain:
Life will be fine!
We are struggling for power not for the sake of power, but out of the major communist cause — to serve the working people. The aim of our program is to join the efforts of all honest, initiative-driven people in the name of the revival of our dear Moldova.
Together we will ensure order in the country and wellbeing in every house!
Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Republic of Moldova
/“COMUNISTUL”, No 1(217), January 12, 2001/