Candidate of the Liberal Party (PL)
Jurist, member of Moldovan Parliament, Chairman of Liberal Party
Moldova has a future in Romania
United for Reunification!
Born on November 19, 1951 in the village of Colonita, Chisinau municipality, Republic of Moldova.
- Graduated from the State University of Moldova, Law Department
- 1984–1985 — judge at the Riscani city district court, Chisinau municipality.
- 1990–1994 — member of the Moldovan Parliament, Deputy Chairman, Chairman of the parliamentary Commission for legal issues, appointment and immunities
- 1993–1994 — member of the Moldovan delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation
- 1994–1998 — member of the Moldovan Parliament, member of the parliamentary Commission for human rights
- 1995–1998 — member of the Moldovan delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- 1998–2009 — Lawyer, founder, director of the Law firm “Credo”
- 2007–2008 — Chairman of the Chisinau Municipal Council
- 2008–2009 — member of the Chisinau Municipal Council, Chairman of the PL faction in the Municipal Council
- 2009–2010 — President of the Moldovan Parliament
- 2009–2010 — Acting President of Moldova
- 2009-present — member of the Moldovan Parliament, Chairman of the PL parliamentary faction
- 1988 — co-founder of the Democratic Movement Popular Front of Moldova (FPM), Chairman of the FPM Executive Committee
- 1993 — co-founder of the Congress of Intellectuals, executive secretary and deputy chairman of the Congress of Intellectuals (Party of Democratic Forces)
- 2010 — co-founder of the Parliamentary Forum of the Community of Democracies (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- The Order of the Star of Romania, Collar grade
- The Order of the Republic
- The Order “Saint George” of the Metropolitan Church of Bessarabia
- The Medal of Civic Merit