Candidate of the “Third Force” Electoral Bloc (BeFT)
Lawyer, economist, chair of MFN
Choose the THIRD FORCE!
Choose the DEED, not the COLOR!
Born on 8 November 1958 in the village of Dumitreni, Floreşti rayon (district).
- 1978–1983 — the State University of Chisinau, Law Department
- 1998 — the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova, Department of Management
- 2007–2008 — PhD studies, State University of Moldova
- 1975–1976 — worker at the Tobacco fermentation plant, Floreşti town
- 1976–1978 — mandatory military service
- 1983–1986 — public servant, Ministry of Social Assistance
- 1986–1991 — prosecutor, Prosecutor’s Office of the Chisinau Ciocana district
- 1991–1998 — entrepreneurial activity
- 1997-present — founder and chair of the Social-political Movement “Forţa Nouă” (New Force)
- 1998–2001 — member of Moldovan Parliament of the XIIIth Legislature, deputy chair of the Parliamentary Commission on economy
- 2001–2004 — member of Moldovan Parliament of the XIVth Legislature, deputy chair of the Parliamentary Legal Commission for appointments and immunities
- 2004–2007 — member in the Government of the Republic of Moldova, Minister of Defense
- 2008-present — president of the Foundation for Promotion of Reforms in Justice, Security and Defense (PRISA)
- 2010-present — Official Representative in Moldova of the Institute for Economic Strategies of the Russian Academy of Sciences “ИНЭС-Молдова”
- 1999–2003 — president of the National Powerlifting Federation
- 2009-present — deputy president of the National Boxing Federation, responsible for developing professional boxing
- 2010-present — president of the Civic Association "Retromobile Moldova"
Married, father of 2 children.