In the context of the IV-th Congress of the Liberal Democratic Party (PLDM) several important decisions have been taken regarding the organization of local elections and the party:
- Victor Bodiu, Secretary General of the Government, is nominated as candidate for the position of Chisinau mayor;
- PLDM National Board is established composed of 270 persons, including new members, the former AMN ones;
- A decision was approved on the stance towards local election campaign — PLDM aims to win the elections for mayor position and municipal council, as well as most of local councils of 1st and 2nd levels;
- The Political Declaration was adopted, whereby the party’s activity and its leadership work are assessed as being satisfactory;
- Alexandru Tanase left the position of senior PLDM vice president; he was replaced by Iurie Leanca, current foreign affairs minister.